When you begin to look for a ring with your partner, there are many stunning engagement ring designs to choose from. Whether you want a custom ring or a pre-designed one, you have to choose from several options to find the perfect metal type, setting, and diamond shape.
Many engagement rings are made out of gold or platinum. While gold metals are typically more durable, platinum settings can usually be cleaned easily which allows them to be restored to factory shine. If you prefer a gold setting, choose from yellow, white, or rose gold to get your desired color.
When you want unique engagement ring design ideas, you may want to consider setting types. With several different ways to attach diamonds to the metal, you may decide on a less popular setting to make your ring stand out.
- Prong: This setting consists of 4 to 6 metal wires wrapping around the diamond to form a protective basket-like setting. This style is the most popular.
- Gypsy: This style insets the diamond into a hole in the ring. In this setting, the diamond is completely protected for people with active lifestyles.
- Tension: This setting gives the impression that the diamond is floating by using special compression.
- Bar: For this style, individual diamonds are set it a line and divided by vertical bars with no metal on the edges.
- Channel: This setting is similar to the bar style, but it encloses a line of small diamonds on the edges without the vertical bars separating them.
For many women, choosing their desired diamond shape is the best part of selecting an engagement ring. With several cuts to choose from, you may select a classic or unique shape to fit your personality. Possible diamond shapes include:
There are dozens of engagement ring designs to choose from, but only you can choose the perfect combination to match your personality. Carefully consider which metal type, setting, and diamond shape you want to find or create the engagement ring you’ve always dreamed of.